Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Wedding Nightmare No. 2:

This whole thing is getting out of hand. Seriously. This has to stop. Do other people involved in weddings (exempting the bride) have crazy dreams like this?

So, last night's nightmare was about a wedding dress or the lack thereof. In my dream I was sitting in a church, in the pews and I was getting married just after whatever regular service was being held.

There were only a handful of people there and I have no idea who the groom was. But I was sitting there in the church in my blue jean, cut-off shorts and white t-shirt freaking out because I didn't have a wedding dress (don't know how that detail slipped my mind when I was planning this "dream" wedding).

So I run out of the church and go to my childhood home (where we haven't lived since I was six, but is just down the road from the church were Tammy's wedding is being held) and started going through the closet looking for something I could throw together as a dress. There was a large white skirt with lace on it, which I had to safety pin to make fit and a lacey, white sleeveless shirt that I put on. I didn't get as far as the shoes in my dream. And while I wasn't thrilled with my outfit, it was better than cut-offs, my dream self thought.

That was pretty much the whole dream...only it was much more emotional that I've led you to believe with my above description.

I can't totally blame this wedding nightmare on the wedding I'm in, though. I also blame the Gilmore Girls, which had some weird marathon going on last night, catching everyone up on the season so far, I guess, because the new episodes start next Tuesday. Anyway, I fell asleep to the episode where Lorelei finds the perfect wedding dress for her and Luke's wedding and everything else falls in place (or at least, so she thinks at this point in the series). Because there was so much emphasis placed on the wedding dress, I can't help but think that had at least some influence on my dreams last night.

Seriously. After all this, I am never getting married.

No comments: