Sunday, January 14, 2007

S'no Snow

Today breaks the record - since we started keeping records - of longest this part of NY has gone without snow. The previous record, set in the winter of 1954/55, was Jan. 13.

What we have today is just rain. There was some talk it might be sleet but I think that was just wishful thinking on someone's part. I'm not complaining, though. Being eased into winter is fine by me. It won't bother me if we don't get snow all year. That way I don't have to worry about going out in it at 5 a.m. to move my scooter when the snow ploys come to clear the parking lot. That's a broken hip waiting to happen.

Anyway, there's an idiot who posts to our Web site that believes we've had snowless winters lots of times and this whole idea of Global Warming (note: the article in question says nothing about global warming, just about breaking the record and how despite the lack of snow, some snow-related businesses are still making money) is a vast liberal conspiracy. Though, quite honestly, I'm not sure what there is to gain in such a conspiracy. I would think one that generated some quick cash would be better to perpetrate if you going to go about thinking up conspiracies to throw down on the world's people. But maybe I'm just thinking that way because I could my cash-generating conspiracy right now.

No comments: