Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Bad good luck

I leave tomorrow, returning to New York (via Charlotte) in order to move. I have reserved the U-Haul, had a few minor repairs and maintenance done to the truck, collected packing supplies. So, of course, first thing this morning I get a call about a job. Now I have an interview set up for 11 a.m. Monday for a job in New York City. So, what will happen is this. I will interview, they will love me, but they will wait until I've driven a U-Haul full of my crap all the way to Jackson, Mississippi, before calling to offer me the job. Then I'll have to turn around and go back to New York and find a new place to live. Even when I have good luck, I have bad luck.

In the meantime I haven't heard from the other job I interviewed for in Chicago. The more time that passes, the more I'm sure I didn't get the job. Am I so far out of the loop that I don't even know when an interview has gone well?

No comments: