Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Insomniac Easter Bunnies

Did all you Western Christians survive the weekend with your families? I still have a nice month-long wait till I participate in the ritual eating of lamb and chocolate bunnies, but I did spend a strange weekend with my boyfriend's family, an ex-nun and Marcia Gay Hardin's mother. Sounds like a joke, but sadly, this is my life.

Also, I wanted to wish everyone a Happy National Sleep Awareness Week and in particular a Happy National Insomnia Awareness Day. During this time I'd like to encourage you to embrace sleeping and begin a dialogue on what sleeping means to you? To me it means not being at work...something that always makes me a happier person.

Below is an amusing Email I received at work today regarding this topic:

As you may know, it's National Sleep Awareness Week and today is the first-ever National Insomnia Awareness Day.
Timely, as the National Sleep Foundation released its annual sleep poll results yesterday finding that 127 million, or more than half of all Americans experience insomnia a few times a week. Because of this alarming number, the National Sleep Foundation assembled the Save Our Sleep (S.O.S.) Forum -- a panel of experts charged with discussing these shocking poll results and issuing a call to action to raise awareness among Americans about the serious health consequences associated with insomnia.

Below is information about the Forum, whose members are available along with other leading national and local sleep doctors and experts to discuss how important it is to talk to your doctor if you think you may be suffering from insomnia.

I will give you a call later this week to chat and gauge your interest in setting up an interview. Should you have any questions in the meantime, please feel free to contact me at the information below!

Best,
Lauren

Lauren Magnetti
Senior Account Executive
Zeno Group (formerly PR21)

No comments: