Monday, December 18, 2006

The Great Mouse Caper

So you would not believe how incredibly hard it is to find Mickey Mouse-related items for children these days! My search was for Toddler 3 girls clothing, but I was also interested in any books or stuffed Mickeys they might have.

I started my search at what I thought was the most obvious place, The Disney Store. Boy, was I wrong! It's all Princess stuff for the girls (Belle, Cinderella, The Little Mermaid) and Pirates of the Caribbean and that Cars movie for boys. There was also The Incredibles, a few Winnie the Pooh items, and Dumbo - I didn't even know kids these days knew about Dumbo!

Disney really needs to go back to its roots. Obviously Mickey still sells. Kids still love that giant mouse. And Disney still uses him and the Mrs, the dogs and the ducks as their mascots. When people think Disney they don't think Captain Jack Sparrow, they think Scrooge McDuck, especially now at Christmas.

So after combing the entire mall, I'm embarrassed to say I finally found some Mickey gear at KMart. I guess I should be glad SOMEONE still appreciates the power of the Mouse.

No comments: