Monday, December 18, 2006

Washingdog Square

This is what I love about New York.

I know I haven't been here that long - only about eight months, and there are people, I'm sure who would say, "You can't go around saying, 'This is what I love about New York' when you haven't even been there a year." - but I don't think this will change.

What I love is that you can go to a place that you think you know so well; where you think, perhaps, you've seen just about everything there is to see - drugs, sex, Jews for Jesus, 9-11 conspiracists - and then one day you go there and, inexplicably, there's a Wiener Dog convention.




How did they all know when and where to show up?

And how is it a collection of such odd and oblong little dogs would put one into such a state of wonderment that no number of men dressed as women shouting at trees could ever match?

No comments: