Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Little Cup o' Mine

So among the trio of hilarious gifts I received today from Melinda was this ceramic version of a paper cup often seen in the hands of New Yorkers who have gotten their diner coffee to go. I have no idea where she found it, but it cracks me up and I plan on using it forever, now. I have no need for any other coffee cup. I have found my true love.

It was a good gift and it cheered me up, which I needed on spending my first Christmas alone. I didn't think it would be so bad, but spending Christmas alone actually is very sad and I hope never to do it again. Even working on Christmas (which I've done a number of times) wasn't as bad as sitting alone with the dog and cat and watching the TV for, oh, I don't know, maybe 12 hours. I crammed in a marathon of Christmas-y movies including Love Actually, Scrooged, Nightmare Before Christmas. I also watched disc one of the House of Elliot, which came to me via Netflix - the other true love of my life.

Well tomorrow it's back to work, which I am dreading because our new editor lives only to bring us pain. But that is another story for another day.

No comments: