Thursday, May 01, 2008

Always with the noise

As you know from my previous post I was dead tired upon my return. So, of course, yesterday morning at 7:30 my upstairs neighbor's alarm went off...for four hours. He's done this before and I've talked to him about it, but I guess he doesn't care enough to remember to turn the thing off when he's spending the night elsewhere. It takes about four hours for it to finally release nobody is coming to turn it off and then it shuts itself off. In the meantime, I had to relocate to the futon because it is so loud in my bedroom, sleep - even when one is bone tired -is impossible.

Then THIS morning, I got woken up at 8:30 a.m. because they've finally started deconstruction of my balcony (next comes reconstruction). They were supposed to have done this two weeks ago, but are behind schedule. I thought for sure they would finish it while I was gone and I'd miss it. But I have no such luck. So now, for the rest of the week balcony construction. Great. It shakes the whole apartment, that work. Not to mention it's weird to have men hanging right outside the sliding glass door. I'm so glad I finally got curtains.

It is never quiet in New York. Not even here in the 'burbs.

No comments: