Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Do I feel stimulated? Oh Yeah.

Today I am officially the last person on earth to receive their economic stimulus check from the government (some orphans in Peru got theirs before I did, or so I hear). And in honor of this day, I give you howispentmystimulus.com, which was started by some guy in Park Slope, Brooklyn, and is a hilarious and true account of how Americans are spending their money.

One of my favorites features a table full of whiskey bottles and the following entry from Andrew in St. Louis:

"After the economic stimulus package was signed into law, I pledged to spend my stimulus money on one of the few well made American products left - Kentucky whiskey."


But my all time favorite was one from Sybann in Raleigh, who sent in a picture of a super, turbo-charged vacuum and this description:

“This is the George W. Bush Memorial Dyson. I wanted to buy something that will suck as hard and for as long as this administration.”

As for how I will spend my stimulus? Hellooooo, Spain!


Who's with me?

No comments: