Saturday, June 14, 2008

East Sider


This ridiculous burger is called the East Sider and in addition to 7oz of beef also has ham AND bacon on it, as well as mushrooms, cheese, fried onions and is impossible to put into your mouth as served. This my brother discovered the hard way.

It is one of the many burgers served at Jackson Hole diner, which has eight locations around NYC, including one conveniently located near LaGuardia and thus is good for taking friends and family who arrive in on late night flights because you work till 10 p.m. and can't get off work early to go pick them up.

I've also eaten at one of their other locations on the east side (I did not at that time have the East Sider. I actually had a turkey burger.) It was an odd location, in the basement of a building on what looked like a residential stretch of street. Looking in, it seems all there is a counter, but around the corner there's a think hallway-like room that is crammed with tables. That locations seems to do a big business in to go orders. As opposed to the LaGuardia location, which does a lot of city bus traffic.

Anyway, on the afore mentioned visit with my brother I had the much more modest Western Burger...


...with cheese, BBQ sauce, bacon and fried onions, and which unfortunately came out raw in the center. They recooked it. But I wound up taking it home. Once nuked in my microwave, I felt pretty safe about eating it.

No comments: