Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Chi-town


I just got back from a trip to Chicago, which I believe is my favorite city of all. If I had a job to go to, or were to lose my job tomorrow, I would pack up in an instance and move.

I can't exactly explain what it is I like about the city. It's more than just its art and atmosphere, and the fact that I have friends there. I feel some sort of connection with it that seems to reach into my subconscious. There are cities that do that. Places where you go, where you've never been before and yet you feel totally at home there. Chicago is one of those places. I felt that way the first time I went there and I feel it still.

New York is not one of those places. I have never felt at home there. I like it very much. I feel much more accustomed to its ways now. But I would also have no trouble leaving it.

1 comment:

Linus said...

That's pretty much precisely why I moved here (and never left). I don't think I belong anywhere else (even with the blizzards).