Friday, September 24, 2004

Tell the Guy in the Orange Cap to Shut Up

Concert Annoyances Part II: Really obnoxious guy who won't stop yelling at the band.

Why do people do this? I mean what do you possibly stand to gain by asking a man who has been speaking and singing for an hour 45 minutes in his Sussex-born accent if he's British? Do you think you're being funny? Were you that deprived of attention as a child? There were only about 35 people at this concert, so this idiot's behavior was only that much more aggravating. It's one thing to yell out requests. Even if, unlike John Wesley Harding, the musician isn't likely to do your request, at least there is a purpose behind it. What purpose other than being a fool is there to this kind of behavior? Trust me, the artist isn't going to think you are so cool that he wants you for his best friend. Really. I know these things. You're just going to get beat up in the bathroom by the two over anxious fans that follow obscure but prolific artists and who were already angry over a number of life's injustices before arriving at that evening's concert. If you want to yell stupid comments at people on stage, go to the Jerry Springer show. I know a guy that can get your tickets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry if I "ruined" your concert experience Bucky. Fact: the accent sounded suspicious and fake.
Fact: The Department of Homeland Security has instructed all Americans to look out for suspicious activity.
Fact: My song requests were designed to separate a true British musician from an imposter in order to protect my community.
Fact: Because of my diligence, you live in a safer world.
Now I guess you'll go and vote for Kerry because you don't like my methods. But maybe you're too liberal to live.

Sincerely,
Guy in the Orange Hat

Vote for Bush!