Thursday, November 04, 2004

Where are you, Reds?

Yesterday was a bizarre day in which everyone here seemed to walking around in a daze. Tempers were short and voices were drained of emotions. I live in a red state but I have no idea where all these reds live. They must be on the other side of the state or something because everyone I talked to yesterday from a nurse at the VA to a guy that does PR for a medical device manufacturer sounded like they had just gone 20 rounds with a polar bear. My email inbox was full of messages of woe and misery. I'm pretty bummed myself, but I don't think it's the end of the world. And I have to get back to my everyday life, which is monopolized with earning's statements and concerts, not red states and blues states and gray states.

Thus far today, the inbox has been filled with "look on the good side" messages (all with the disclaimer "I know it's not much but...) in response to yesterday's Revelations-style predictions for our future. So here's my look-on-the-bright-side message: At least we have something to bitch about for the next four years.

3 comments:

Linus said...

I was SOOOO looking forward to just not being pissed off all the time.

I suppose it could be worse. Cheney could be President.

Bucky said...

There are a whole list of worse people who could be president. But like you said, it would have been nice to be happy and secure in my job like I was during the Clinton years.

Outlander said...

One more bright spot....today things are better than they will be for the foreseeable future. Everybody do the Supreme Court shuffle. Ladies, find your coathangers!