Monday, December 20, 2004

Life in a Three Panel World

Despite waking up this morning and coughing up half my lungs, I came to work today thinking, "I'll just finish the two things I'm working on and then I can stay home tomorrow, rest and get better without feeling the guilt of not finishing my work."

Now here we are at the very end of my work day. Let us take stock of what I've accomplished today: I still haven't gotten to the two things I came to work to finish because I had to do a local insert on a national shopping story and I had follow up on an attorney general's lawsuit. I've been assigned another story (potentially an entire package of stories), asked to "flesh out" a second one and then there's a story assigned a few weeks ago that I haven't yet started on. (It was technically due today).

So instead of staying home in bed tomorrow, where I SHOULD be, I'll be dragging my sick ass into work where I'm sure to infect the few sad souls who bothered to come in on Christmas week and where once again I am sure to get many new assignments before even beginning the ones that I've already been given. I fully expect to come in tomorrow and see Catbert sitting on my desk.

I may soon be in need of a lung transplant.

No comments: