Monday, May 14, 2007

Spanish: 1; Neighbor: 0

First, I made a 93 on my Spanish final. So despite my teacher's best efforts to un-teach me, I managed to pull through with an A in the class. I had a 94 average.

Second, last night as I was making pasta...around 9 p.m...there was a knock at my door. One guess who it was.

He had his dog with him and when I opened the door, the dog immediately came in and start sniffing the cat. The cat, for her part, was like, "What the hell is mop doing sniffing my butt?" The neighbor meanwhile, "We were wondering if Roland could come out to play." So I said sure, put his collar back on and sent him out.

A few minutes later there was a knock again and I opened the door and Roland came in. Luckily I was on the phone and thus avoided any real small talk or having the neighbor invite himself in. He just said, "He didn't want to stay outside without his mommy." I laughed appropriately and then waved goodbye and closed the door.

Finally, in other news, I applied for a job putting together a company news letter for a cancer hospital in the city. I have no hope of actually getting the job, though I am way over qualified for it. But I wrote a pretty good cover letter, I think, which makes me feel a little more confident about applying for other jobs as well. Now if I can just find those jobs....I need something that pays more than what I'm making now. Also, I'd like to get away from the overbearing and crazy new editor. I told someone at work this weekend, it's like he and the managing editor are getting bonuses for every person they drive away.

No comments: