Monday, May 07, 2007

Uhg! Neighbors

I could spend all day writing about these people. What is wrong with them. I leave to go to the grocery store, all is well with the world. I get back an hour later and it's like my building had imploded. I pull in next to this car that has a crush beer cartoon on the back of it. And cans all around it. Like there had been a party or something in the hour I was gone.

I hear from inside the middle building (our "building" is actually three buildings. If you are looking at it, I'm in the far right. The washing machine is in the middle building. The car with the beer belongs to people who live in the basement of that building) So I hear from inside the middle building a woman screaming bloody murder. At the top of her lungs she's screaming, "Get the hell out of here" Get the fuck out!" And then she just screams. I realize it's from the upstairs of the building. (There are three floors - basement, ground [which I am on] and up.) So for the last hour this has been going on.

Then I go to take the trash out and guess what, oh yes you guessed it, creepy neighbor finds me. Roland went and found his dog while I was throwing away the garbage and the neighbor (his name is Danny, I suppose it will be easier to call him by his name than by creepy neighbor) came around the front looking for me.

After awkward small talk (awkward because I wouldn't look at him, nor make complete sentences), he asked me, "Is anything wrong? You seem tense." Clearly he's not catching on. In this conversation he also asked me how old I was and what kind of movies I liked. Then he said, "We should kill some time together, watch a movie. Be neighborly."

I'm uncomfortable with his definition of neighborly.

No comments: