Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Second Stalker: Update

Today, as usual, I was walking the dog when my second stalker - the guy who works for the complex and whose sole job, it seems, is to park his little golf cart somewhere along my dog walking route and then lie in wait while pretending to pick up trash - asks, "Hey, so I wanted to ask, are you single, or..."

I tried to not to sigh. I think I was successful. I quickly answered,"I have a boyfriend." And so instead of saying "OK" or some other typically quick response to such an answer and driving off, Stalker2 says, "I was just wondering, because I've been trying to meet someone and I live talking to you." (Mind you our conversations - are almost entirely one-sided and almost always involved the weather. I'm not sure what kind of conversation he's used to, but it strikes as very bad if what I've just described is enjoyable conversation.) Then he finishes with, "Well let me know if you become single." And he drives off.

Yes, Stalker2, you'll be at the top of the list when I dump my imaginary boyfriend.

This apartment complex is starting to scare me with it's stalkers-per-me ratio.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

he lives to talk to you? that's scary.

move.

now.