Saturday, September 01, 2007

Summer at Shea


Last weekend I spent much of my time at Shea Stadium watching the Mets first beat the Dodgers and then suffer an embarrassing loss to the same team. It's one of the aspects of baseball that I find fascinating - that the same teams can play three/four nights in a row and it's like watching totally different teams play...I mean, in a way, they ARE different teams because different players are cycled in, but still. That you can totally dominate a team one day and the very next lose spectacularly. That doesn't happen in any other sport.

Anyway, I've seen the Mets play before, but this is my first time at Shea, which soon will be demolished and the team will move next door to Citi Field. It's a corporate sponsorship (Citi Bank), but people seem not as ticked off at it as they could be because they can convince themselves that Citi seems to, sort of, kinda make reference to NYC.

More photos from my camera phone follow. Warning, not the best quality.

No comments: