Thursday, January 22, 2009

Roomie

So I'm one week into a new experience known as Roommate in the Living Room. That's right, I have a roommate. I also have a one bedroom apartment. But in true New York style, we've managed to cram two people into what's meant to be a pad for one person, perhaps two if they are sleeping together like my neighbors across the hall who are married.

So we sort of used furniture to cordon off a portion of a living room as her "roomlet" as I call it. The other half is more of a traditional living room. See photos below:



We're in the market for a Japanese screen to act as a "door" to the roomlet. The hardest part is trying to find a place for all the stupid crap I've acquired over the years. Why do I have all this stuff? I've done a pretty phenomenal job, but there's still a small pile and I'm just out of space. That's it. I do not live in a TARDIS. I need to learn to throw things away. Rats are embarrassed by me. Seriously.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

TARDIS?

Bucky said...

Dr. Who reference. Small police call box on the outside, seemingly endless time machine and living space on the inside. I'm a dork.

Jane Doe said...

Roland sounds hot.

Bucky said...

He is. And he has his own blog now:
http://japaneseninjadogs.blogspot.com