Friday, February 13, 2009

Ice, ice...you know



I may be an odd person for this, but I am captivated by the small, incongruous items of daily life. This results in my taking pictures of things no one else is looking at. The way a shadow makes bars on the ground, or wild flowers that in LSU colors, or most recently this arrangement of ice, which was created after several snows, some snow plowing, more snow, a warm day that partially melted the block, a little grit and then more freezing weather. I took a lot of photos. (The iPhone has allowed me to indulge this passion to a new degree. Before I didn't always have my camera with me and the one on my old phone was, I think, one of the first digital cameras ever inserted in a phone. It was really sad. I share with you only two because I know you all aren't as weird as me.



Sadly with the warm few days we've had recently, I imagine this little ice kingdom is no more.

No comments: