Friday, January 04, 2008

Sad Tree. Sad Bucky.

I'm feeling a lot of sympathy for this tree, which is still just as it appears here, off my balcony. Is everyone still on vacation? Does no one goof off at work anymore? Is that one of your New Year's resolutions? "I will not goof off at work anymore, watching YouTube videos and reading blogs? In my free time, when I have it, I will only read the McLaughlin Report Web site." Well, let me tell you, my friends, that is a very BAD resolution. You won't get any smarter like that. You'll just start to realize how dumb you really are. Better to stick with YouTube — and this blog - where you'll feel like a genius.

So, anyway, this tree. I noticed last week. Someone had apparently just decided that it was too much of a hassle to drag it across the parking lot to the dumpster or to take it to be mulched for free at the park. No, much better, just to toss it out the window because, after all, it is nature and the stuff behind our building is also nature. Nature to nature, dust to dust.

I swear I don't know where I live anymore. This place used to be filled with adults. Now it's like I live with a bunch of children. Or, as I've mentioned before, in a frat house.

Sigh. Come back friends, come back. I need some intelligent conversation. Clearly that's not to be had here where I live.

1 comment:

Bucky said...

UPDATE: This tree has been joined by a SECOND Christmas tree! Pretty soon we won't be able to walk back there for all the trees. Ridiculous!