Monday, January 21, 2008

Who needs Frank Lloyd Wright when you got Kate Spade and a boyfriend?

Well, I would update you on my life, but I've been very busy going out on actual dates with the guy I've been seeing, so I just don't have time. Also, I have a column I'm supposed to be writing, but am not. I have to tell you about the decidedly NON-Memphis BBQ Memphis-style BBQ I had today for lunch, but that will have to wait till morning.

Also, because looking at Chicago architecture in a snowstorm wasn't crazy enough, today I went shopping (with the afore mentioned guy) at a outdoor outlet mall in sub-zero weather. It was not just cold, it was damn cold! We went to Woodbury Common in nearby Orange County. I bought a dress, which was about all I could afford. And the afore mentioned guy bought me a warm wool hat. (Did I mention it was cold?) Also, for some reason, we decided to go on this crazy shopping excursion spur of the moment and took no gloves or hats with us. I had a nice warm jacket, but he had a windbreaker without its fleece interior. Needless to say, there was much coffee drinking and popping into stores we had absolutely no interest in.

Anyway, I'm busy thawing out now...I finally have some feeling back in my fingers. Stay tuned for the update on New York BBQ.

No comments: