Friday, August 21, 2009

Random E-mail #1

Lately I've been all these random e-mails. Not spam, but real e-mails to my yahoo account. Sometimes they're addressed to someone with my same name and sometimes to someone with a totally different name. This is the one I got today. It's totally random and even funnier because I didn't quit my job, but I am unemployed. At first I thought it was a joke from one of my friends, but then I realized 1. I don't know anyone with a kid named Parker and 2. I also don't know anyone named Scottie.


First off, I wanted to thank you for quitting your job to watch Parker everyday. That is a big sacrifice, and I am very appreciative. I hope you don't take anything I'm about to write defensively. There were some questions brought up by yesterday's events that I would like to ask you, and Scottie, and propose some solutions.

The events that took place last night, could've happened while I was watching Parker, so I hope you don't think I am blaming you or Scottie. But I am concerned by a few things.

1.) Parker needs to be on a regular and consistant feeding, and sleeping schedule. I can give you what my sister and I used this summer, which worked well for him. I think that would be a huge benefit to him. I am open to any suggestions you have, but would like to hear what his day is during the week.

2.) I am concerned that Parker was not fed dinner last night until 6pm. I understand the seizure took place, however he needs to be fed dinner before 6pm, every night. Parker eats a lot, as you have probably noticed and it worries me he is not being fed consistantly.

3.) I am also concerned I was not notified at 1pm, when him temperature read 101. I am also concerned that a Doctor was not called immediately. I am also concerned that no other fever reducing medicine was administered at anytime later that day. (to my knowledge).

4.) It also worries me that Parker was unsupervised at the time he collapsed. And, if he did have a fever that high, why it was undetected.

Again - please don't take these things defensively, I am not trying to attack anyone. These are questions I'm asking as a mother, who is very concerned for the well being of her son. I think if we can work together, it will be better for Parker.

We used this schedule regularly, everyday, and it works well.

Here is the schedule he was on during the days with Emily:

wake up 6 - 6:30am

eat breakfast 6:30 - 7am (usually consisting of a scrambled egg, cereal bar, toast, milk, banana)

play time 7:30am - 9:30am

morning nap 10am - 11am

lunch 12pm - 1pm (turkey, hot dog, cottage cheese, fruit, mac and cheese etc.)

play time/activity/walk/library/afternoon snack 1pm - 2pm

afternoon nap 2pm - 3pm (sometimes later)

play time 3pm - 5pm

dinner 5pm

bath time 7pm

bedtime 8pm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so weird. First that you got the e-mail and second that someone would want to communicate that info via e-mail rather than face to face!

Bucky said...

And reading it makes me think, Amy, why didn't YOU quit your job to take care of the kid!