Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Interlude: Pet Peeve 386

Bible verses airbrushed on cars/trucks.

I wish I had a camera phone, folks, because I cannot do justice to what I witnessed yesterday. I am headed east on a seven lane road. I am in the middle lane. Directly in front of me is a car whose license plate reads CRKWHR. It takes me a minute but I realize this person has a personalized tag that says Crack Whore. I crack up laughing. Then I look a the white pickup truck in the left lane and see:

"In all things I gave you an example, that so laboring ye ought to help the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that he himself said, It is more blessed to give than to receive." - Acts 20:35

It was airbrushed in this sort of light blue and pink lettering on the door to the truck bed and I thought, "This is truly one of the signs of the apocalypse."

I'm now having that verse from Revelations airbrushed on my truck.

No comments: