Friday, April 29, 2005

More Advice and Pet Peeve 5,021

Was tied up by actual work there for a bit. Sorry. I'll try not to let it happen again. But I can't promise anything.

Today I have for you another installment of advice to editors that is also Pet Peeve 5,021:

Stop this "sign up" madness now!

Any newspaper that requires you to make up some information, otherwise known as "registering" and tracks your reading habits must be boycotted immediately. All Web sites not requiring registration should immediately sever all links to registration sites.

Listen to me, people, no one is inputting their actual data. The Little Rock paper thinks I'm a 43-year-old rich Asian monkey named Peko. Who is this helping? Please, please, just stop.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right. I never read your articles in the CA because I don't care to register. And, for the few registrations I've done, I haven't used my real info. because I don't want to be pestered by advertisers.

Outlander said...

We want new posts. Write new posts like that oh so cool blogger Satchel who once swore he would never blog again but now is anyway because he's a lying hypocrite. Integrityn and honesty are SOOOOOO 90s.

Outlander said...

We want new posts. Write new posts like that oh so cool blogger Satchel who once swore he would never blog again but now is anyway because he's a lying hypocrite. Integrityn and honesty are SOOOOOO 90s.