Sunday, June 24, 2007

Creepy Neighbor Watch

So I'm at home. You know what that means. I'm being stalked by my downstairs neighbor. Apparently standing outside my bedroom smoking and blowing the smoke into my open window wasn't enough for him. So he came up and knocked on my door.

Earlier today I did some laundry. Not all of the laundry as I had hoped because I did not have enough cash and I didn't feel like a special trip to the bank. So I did two loads. Load 1: Denim. No problem. Load 2: T-shirts, shorts and undies. Problem. The dryer, while turning the clothes round and round, did not actual DRY the clothes. The second time through also did nothing. So I had to hang all my clothes, including said undies, up around the apartment to dry.

The neighbor knocks and says, "We just wanted to see if Roland could come out to play." In the meantime his dog has darted into my apartment and chased the cat under the futon. The dog is growling at the cat. The cat is hissing at the dog. I yell at the dog. Neighbor comes running in to get his dog. Etc. Etc.

I'm really getting tired of these personal intrusions. I'm sure when I go to get the dog or he brings the dog, he's going to ask me to watch a movie or have dinner with him. Today's response: "I really have to get my apartment cleaned. I'm leaving next weekend to on vacation with my boyfriend and I want it clean before I leave." Have to start working imaginary boyfriend into every conversation until real boyfriend materializes.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

where are you going next weekend? anywhere near memphis? if so, come to my family's barbeque! (Saturday, June 30th)