Sunday, June 03, 2007

Neighbors do not = friends

I don't know why suddenly I have so much to say. I should get out more. Though, then there's always a chance of bumping into my neighbor. Yesterday he was behind our complex and started calling my name (the door to my balcony was open so the cat could lounge out there), so I went out and he threw a cookie at me. It was a huge cookie and it's icing was made to look like a baseball with the Mets symbol in the middle. He said something like, "Peace offering since your team is kicking my teams butt."

Then he asked me to go to dinner with him at a Thai restaurant that's on Main Street. He didn't really take no for an answer. He kept insisting, saying, "We should hang out. We're neighbors."

Clearly he did not look the definition of neighbor up in dictionary. Hint: It is NOT "add water, instant girlfriend" or even "best friends for life"

I wish I could move.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

It sounds like you don't have a neighbor...you have a stalker. Creepy. Maybe you should start insinuating predilections that would disqualify him for your attention? The discriminating euphemistic touch can go so far....