Tuesday, August 14, 2007

And winner of gaudiest apartment living room is...


I'm sure there are better candidates for that title out there, but I came across this place yesterday and it cracked me up. This is the living room of the "apartment" in a two-family home. (It's like a duplex only split bottom and top. Usually the owner lives in the bottom part with garage and basement fun room and the smaller upstairs is rented as an apartment. It's the only way people can afford houses up here.) That fact made it even funnier to me because someone did up their rental apartment like it was a Roman palace.

3 comments:

Cheri said...

If you switch all the red to green, that would totally be my mom's livingroom! This look must have been in some magazine at some time...otherwise how could it have made its way into the collective unconsciousness of so many middle-aged women?

Bucky said...

Magazine or daytime TV. I could totally see that room in some set house on "Days of Our Lives."

Bucky said...

I think, what really cracks me up the most about this photo (I've had some time to think about it) is the ceiling fan. Why do they have Roman decor paired with a light fixture from a 1984 ranch-style, suburban home? There has to be some ceiling fan, in fact ANY ceiling fan, that would be more appropriate than this one.