Saturday, August 11, 2007

So. Very. Tired. (Or, This is what happens when you give up your only addiction.)

I recently decided to cut back on my caffeine consumption. I went from who knows how much caffeine to one caffeinated beverage a day. I did it in part because my doctor freaked out when I told her how much caffeine I had in a day (and as you always do with the doctor, I lied and undercut the amount I really drink), but mostly just to see if I could do it.

It's been surprisingly easy. I take my one beverage in the morning to stave off the caffeine headaches I get when I don't. But other than that, I haven't had any cravings. What I have noticed, however, is my inability to get up in the morning and how tired I am at the end of the day. The getting up in the morning is really bad. I sleep till 11 most days and today until noon. (This was bad since I was supposed to be at work at 1 p.m.) And when I sleep I feel like lead. I wake up and I also feel like I'm made of lead. I feel impossibly heavy. I also bought my first caffeine free Diet Pepsi the other day. Though, I must admit that was mostly due to the fact that the 7-11 I was at was out of regular Diet Pepsi and I needed something to mix with my bourbon and did not want Diet Coke or any un-diet sodas.

I also started taking a new multi-vitamin made by Wild Oats that turns my pee neon yellow...but that's a whole different story.

1 comment:

Linus said...

I have found Coke Zero and/or Vanilla Coke Zero go well with bourbon. If one must mix.