Friday, August 31, 2007

Re-Stalkered

So just as I've managed to get rid of one stalker, I've acquired another.

I haven't seen the downstairs neighbors in WEEKS and it has been blissfully wonderful. Now, it's like he's avoiding me. Yeah! He finally got the hint.

Since there was an opening for stalker in my life, though, someone else has stepped up to the plate and unfortunately he works here, which I suppose means in theory he has access to my apartment. I can't even remember his name.

This apartment complex is large and spreads over a lot of space. There aren't a lot of units per building but there are a lot of buildings. So they have a pretty big staff that keeps the place up. For the most part the people who work here are very friendly. They wave and say hello whenever I'm walking the dog. I tend to see the same couple of guys every day.

Then one day a few weeks ago this one guy was driving by on the supped up golf carts they use to get around and he stops as Roland is peeing and makes small talk about the weather. I don't think anything of it. Till the next he stops again and asks the dog's name and continues small talk. Whenever I see him thereafter, the same. He even shouted to me out of second floor window.

So today I see him over where all workers take their break. Everyone waves as I walk by. I wave back, say hello, etc. Keep going. The next thing I know, he's driving up beside me and stops. He starts with, "We've gotten a bit of a break with the weather, huh?" And then starts telling me about how he has a couple tickets to go see Jethro Tull up near Albany and then asks me if I'm from around here. I say no, but I don't offer up anything else. He doesn't seem put off by this, he seems nervous. Then he's says, "Well have a nice weekend." And drives off.

I think this guy is going to be even harder to avoid. Sigh. You know, if I had to have a stalker, it could have at least been one of the cute workers. At least then he wouldn't be creepy AND unpleasant on the eyes.

No comments: