Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Alan Alda for President Or What Radio DJs Are Talking About This Morning

Well, sadly, I have nothing funny to report from class this morning. We have one person who clearly doesn't want to be in the group, so I'm not sure why he keeps coming. Probably just bored with his job and the class is good for a laugh.

So instead I will mention that I missed the Gilmore Girls last night. (I'm thrown off my days of the week due to being off work Monday.) And that at long last The West Wing season begins tonight. I'll have to tape it, of course, because of the writing class I teach overlaps with the show. Hopefully I'll find time to watch it before the weekend. Stupid radio disk jockeys were talking about the show this morning and had no idea what was going on. People who do not know what they're talking about should not veer from their scripts. They were saying Alan Alda was being introduced as a possible presidential candidate and that they guessed Martin Sheen would be voted out of office. He's already run for reelection, idiots! He can't run away. So either the DJs don't watch the show or they don't know that a president can only serve two terms. It's a toss up, which is the case.

Well lunch is quickly approaching so I've managed to waste away another perfectly good morning, doing absolutely nothing productive. I'll leave you with that thought and the pocket lint I dug out of my pants this morning.

No comments: