Wednesday, February 13, 2008

No love for me

So I'll be spending yet another Valentine's Day alone. I don't know why I keep taking the day off. Well, part of the reason is that for the last two years I've had to work the Monday before and so I've had to pick another day in the week to take off. And while both years I was promised a date, the week of my date (the same one both times) has backed out, blaming it on work.

I've never been a big Valentine's Day person. I mean, I like to go out to dinner - or make dinner at home - and I'll take flowers any time during the year, but some people go crazy. The other day I was in Target and I was in line behind this guy and his thuggish friends. And the dude was buying two stuffed animals and six or seven hearts filled with chocolate. All together he spent just a wee bit under $100. And I don't think it was all for the same lady. He asked my advice on which heart filled chocolate I would prefer. When the woman working the register said, "What kind of chocolate does she like?" referring to the woman he was buying for, he answered, "I don't know. That's the problem." I suppose it was funnier if you were there.

I think I'll wish you all a happy UN-Valentine's Day and find some nice man-hating movies to watch on Thursday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it's any consolation, I, too, will be alone for V-Day. Unless you count the bottle of wine I'll be kissing.

Bucky said...

Oh. That reminds me. i need to get to the liquor store.