Monday, July 30, 2007

A brief tour of lower New York

Having nothing to blog about, nothing to do, and wanting to at all costs avoid writing on my novel (I suck at that. I really do need to take a class. I have no motivation at all), I've decided to post some pics Melinda took when she was up here earlier this month. A short tour of lower Manhattan:

After getting waylaid on the subway system, which randomly decided to bypass stops we needed heading in one direction (while the same train stopped in the opposite) we finally started our day with lunch in Chinatown.

Next we had gelato in Little Italy.

Then we walked down to City Hall and saw the Brooklyn Bridge. We did not walk to Brooklyn, however.

Then we rode the Staten Island ferry over and back. It passes by the Statue of Liberty and gives you a nice view. Plus the ferry ride is free. However, it was a high ozone day the day we went and everything was hazy. Typical. I don't have photos of the rest of our day, but the next day we spent some time at The Strand, which is a bookstore I love and yet I can't recall ever actually purchasing anything from there. Isn't that weird?

Eight miles of books and I can't find anything I want to buy. That has to be weird, right? I think it's because I'm not good with a lot of choices. It's the same reason department stores give me headaches and why I rarely buy anything when I'm at one.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

And why is it that when I go to the bookstore I can't find anything to buy, but when I work at the bookstore suddenly I have to buy everything?