Thursday, July 26, 2007

My kindom for a Kinkos

Yesterday I sent in the worst package for a job opening ever. Not only did my letter suck and the resume was all weird due to the new Word having different proportions than the old Word that my document began its life on, but the quality of the photocopy reproduction of my clips hit an all new low.

And so we come to today's topic: how can this be considered part of the NYC MSA when there isn't a FedEx Kinkos in the ENTIRE county?! I had to go to Staples, which has a self-service copy center and let me tell you, FedEx Kinkos it is not. (I can't go to copy shops because they won't copy newspaper clippings because of copyright and they don't care if you are the author. And the copying machines at libraries and post offici are not made for this level of reproduction.) The toner was bad, the scissors wouldn't cut, they didn't have one of those medieval-looking devices that allow you to cut a straight edge smoothly. If sucked. It SUCKED. It sucked so much, I had to write a Post It apologizing for the quality to the editor I was sending it to.

I know the chain gets a bad rap and usually for good reason. But I think when it comes to copying, you got have Kinkos. Really. I mean 24 hours and coffee to boot? Come on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, maybe it's a job opportunity. You could open a Kinko's ...