Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Bucky's Turn is a-go...sort of

So I turned in my sample columns on the following topics/former blog entries:
1. Little Baby Superstar
2. Not My Space
3. Searching for the Bloody Veil
4. Gross stuff I see from my Vespa - not a previous blog topic, actually, but a whole new piece just for the column.

I also suggested for future columns the following topics:
1. Mother of the Koumbara (from last year's wedding that I was in)
2. Being stalked by my neighbor (not sure if I'll actually do that one)
3. Who is Al Sharpton? - a sad, but witty tale from my brother's and cousin's visit over New Year's, which speaks to the complete lack of knowledge the average 20- and 30-something has about what's going on in the world.

I got back this note from the editor today:

You rock!
These are very good columns and I like your ideas for future columns.
They're very witty and you've already developed a "voice."
Stayed tuned .....


P.S. I swear I saw your mom in that movie!!!

4 comments:

Cheri said...

you're awesome! and maybe you have another lead in your search?

How is the novel coming?

Anonymous said...

That's great! Doesn't that make you feel wonderful? You are witty and you do have a voice. Awesome.

Bucky said...

Yes. It does make me feel good. But I'm still waiting to hear if they're going to use me as one of the Our Turn columnists or not. I think probably they will, but you never know.

Also, the novel isn't coming. I'm a very bad writer. I gotta get cracking on that thing. Well, I have all weekend without anything but laundry calling my name. I'm going to force myself to make some progress.

Cheri said...

you can do it! and you're not a bad writer. unless you mean in the sense we use "bad" for "kitty."

"bad writer!'
"Bad!" "Bad!"
"Stop taunting that mouse!"