Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Help for the Broken Hearted. Also Known As: Give a sista a hand!

Due to the very dark period I'm going through right now, I am putting out a request for your best/favorite Broken Heart songs. Please post the titles here (also feel free to send me the MP3s via e-mail). I am working on a Compilation for the Broken Hearted. [Deadman, this is in addition to the Dead Inside Mix, which you sent me. I am still striving for Dead Inside status. Right now I am still at DEFCON: Weak and weepy girl.]

Once completed the album will stand ready for anyone once they find their hearts, inexplicably, shattered by someone they really shouldn't have liked all that much to begin with.

My album thus far —it's not refined I just dumped a lot of Ani DiFranco in there and I'm looking to diversify:

Untouchable Face (Ani DiFranco)
Metal Heart (Cat Power)
Wrecking Ball (Crooked Fingers)
Done Wrong (Ani DiFranco)
Out Of Reach (Gabrielle)
Sorry I Am (Ani DiFranco)
Asking Too Much (Ani DiFranco)
Tailspin (The Jayhawks)
Save It For A Rainy Day (The Jayhawks)
Easier Done Than Said (Kim Richardson)
How Do You Tell Someone? (Cowboy Mouth) {sorry. it had to be done}
Loopy Loopy Love (The Brunettes)
Sorry (Madonna)
One Of These Things First (Nick Drake)
Dónde Estás Corazón (Shakira)
Superhero (Ani DiFranco)
Sleep To Dream (Fionna Apple)

5 comments:

Outlander said...

Oh, sista, have you come to the right place. I used to collect songs like this:

Wilco - "How to fight Loneliness"
Ryan Adams - "Harder Now that It's Over"
Dar Williams - "February"
Jeff Tweedy - "Gun"
Calexico/Iron and Wine - "Dead Man's Will"
Clem Snide - "Loneliness Finds Her Own Way"
The Decemberists - "From My Own True Love"
Elliot Smith - A Found Farewell"
The Frames - "Seven Day Mile"
Iron & Wine - "Lion's Mane"
Mazzy Star - "Fade Into You"
Richard Buckner - "This Is Where"
Ryan Adams and the Cardinals (with Norah Jones) - "Dear John"
The Shins - "A Comet Appears"
Sufjan Stevens - Casimir Polaski Day"
Varnaline - "Murder Crow"
Wilco - "At Least That's What You Said"
- "More Like the Moon"
- "Sky Blue Sky"

I won't be able to put a CD together 'til I get back up North later in August. But you can e-mail me your address and I can send it from FLA if you'd like.

Anonymous said...

Ryan Adams -- "Love is Hell"
Sums it up.

Cheri said...

Amy Millan's "Losin' You" -- also, The Microphones' "I felt your shape."

How can such a list be complete without any Magnetic Fields? And where is Blank when you need him?

Cheri said...

One more question: who do i need to deoculate for breaking your heart? Oh wait, clearly someone else has already done it....

Linus said...

Yeah, I think I left Magnetic Fields off my list. I think I felt it might be too much at the time. Will send you copy of 69 Love Songs. And some Jenny Toomey.