Monday, July 30, 2007

Spanish (Back on that topic AGAIN?! Yes)

Oh, I do have something to mention. I got a note in the mail the other day saying the Spanish class I was going to take was canceled. I assume not enough people signed up. This leaves me with the following options: Sit out the semester (bad) or take 202 with that teacher I hated (worse). If I had more time before the semester started I could have switched to a different school. Now I'm not sure what to do.

Also, randomly today, my air-conditioner switched from Fahrenheit to Centigrade. I have no idea how to switch it back. I've suddenly become fluent in the rest of the world's temperature measurements. Next stop, the metric system.

5 comments:

Cheri said...

Maybe this is the chance you've been waiting for to take French?

Bucky said...

I bit the bullet and signed up for Spanish 202 with the teacher I hate. I hope I can survive the semester without killing someone. If I do make it to 301 in one piece, it's a new professor because it's offered on Monday night's only, which happens to be my only night off, so it works out pretty well.

I know I should brush up on French, but I'm making such progress with Spanish. It's hard being a woman of the world.

Cheri said...

actually, i'm glad you're committed to spanish. i'm thinking of making an illegal excursion to havana in January. want to come, ms. spanish-speakin' woman of the world?

Linus said...

French is a dead language. It's useless outside of film and Frasier reruns.

Cheri said...

c'est bizarre que les plus choses inutiles sont aussi les plus belles....